Today is Wednesday and our Woman Crush Wednesday aka WCW for this week goes to Simisola Ogunleye popularly known by her stage name, “Simi”.
The beautiful and sexy Nigerian afropop singer was born in Ojuelegba, Lagos State, Nigeria. She is the last out four children. She started her career as a gospel singer when she released her debut studio album “Ogaju”. The song was released in 2008.
Simi broke into the music industry after she released “Tiff” in 2014. The song was later nominated at The Headies 2015 and equally brought her to limelight. Currently, she is signed to X3M Music.
As our Woman Crush Wednesday, we would like to bring to your table some things you didn’t know about the soon to be 30-year-old Afropop singer, Simi.
- The singer grew up as a tomboy before her parents parted ways when she was 9. She revealed this in an interview she had with Juliet Ebirim of Vanguard Newsppaers.
- She wrote her first song when she was 10 years old.
- She is an alumna of Covenenat University where she studied Mass Communication.
- Aside writing songs and singing, she is also a sound engineer.
- The singer mixed and mastered Adekunle Gold’s Gold album which was released in July 2016.
- In 2016, the singer was listed as one of the artisits to watch out for by NotJustOk.
- In 2016, she was nominated in the Best Breakthrough Act category during the 2016 edition of the MTV Africa Music Awards.
- The singer is happily married to her long time lover, Adekunle Gold.
- The singer also enjoys blogging and broadcasting. She mentioned this in an interview.
Below are some of her songs:
Take Me Back ft. Adekunle Gold
Smile For Me
Love Don’t Care
Original Baby (Remix) ft. 2Baba