It’s Wednesday again and today we are crushing on Nigerian rapper, Elohor Eva Alordiah better known as Eva Alordiah or simply Eva.
Eva is not only a rapper; she is equally a make-up artist, a fashion designer and an entrepreneur.
The versatile and most promising rapper in Africa has definitely brought change to the Nigerian entertainment industry with her raw lyrics; there is no doubt that she is one of Nigeria’s best female rappers.
Here are some facts we thought you should know about the rapper:
- She was born on 13 August 1989 in Abuja, Nigeria
- Her childhood dream was to be an author. She was also fond of reading books and drawing.
- She graduated from Bowen University and holds a degree in Computer Science.
- Eminem’s song titled “Cleaning Out My Closet” inspired her to pursue a professional rap career.
- In 2009, Eva released “I Dey Play” as her first ever studio recording. The song features Tha Suspect and was recorded over Lil Wayne’s “A Milli” instrumental.
- She was featured on “Make ’em Say”, a song from one of Strbuttah’s mixtapes. The music video for the song, released in January 2011, was created by Rcube of Strbuttah.
- Eva made her TV debut in the music video. She later appeared on the female version of Tha Suspect’s song “I No Send You”. The video for “I No Send You” was released in March 2011.
- In August 2013, she signed a management deal with Radioactiiv. And in the same year, Nokia Nigeria enlisted her as one of the judges for its annual “Don’t Break Da Beat” competition.
- To promote her lead single titled “Deaf”, she organised a rap competition exclusively for girls. She has collaborated and shared stages with famous artists like Muna, Ice Prince, M.I, Gray Jon’z, eLDee, Sossick and Patrick Elis to name a few.
- She was featured in the Lagos edition of BBC Radio 1xtra’s Live Lounge alongside M.I, 2face Idibia, Wizkid and Iyanya. She later won the Female Rap Artiste of the Year award in 2011 and the Best Rap Single (Female) award in 2012.
- On August 2014, she became an ambassador of Guinness Nigeria’s Made of Black campaign alongside Olamide and Phyno.
- In November 2014, Eva released her self-titled second EP. Her debut studio album, 1960: The Album, was released in September 2016.
- She dated the Nigerian artist; Ice Prince when he first relocated to Lagos from Jos.
- Eva is the owner of makeupByOrsela, a company that specializes in Makeup services
Since her breakthrough into the Nigerian music industry, Eva has garnered several awards including one Nigeria Entertainment Award from 4 nominations, one Eloy Award, and one YEM award from 2 nominations..