It is Wednesday and our woman crush today goes to our gorgeous amazing actress, Beverly Naya. If you are a fan of the popular webseries, “Skinny Girl in Transit”, then her face would really be familiar.
Well, we are going to tell you guys more about this awesome actress. So, keep reading.
- The actress was born Beverly Ifunaya Bassey on the 17th of April 1989. Bassey was born in London as the only child to her Nigerian parents
- She began acting at the age of 17 while studying philosophy, psychology and sociology at Brunel University.
- She also studied script-writing and film-making at Roehampton University.
- She was brought to limelight in the Nigerian entertainment scene in 2010 when she starred in the Nollywood film “Living in Exile”
- She won the Most Promising Talent category at the 2010 Best of Nollywood Awards.
- In the year 2011, she was named the “fastest rising actress” in the City People Entertainment Awards in Nigeria
- In an interview with BellaNaija, she explained that she relocated to Nigeria because of the rapid growth of Nollywood, and the opportunities that it creates for aspiring actors.
- when asked why she returned to Nigeria by Encomium Magazine she had this to say; “After I graduated from university, I just knew that I wanted to act, I knew I wanted to act, and in London I could shoot a film probably once in a year and that’s it. Whereas coming to this industry, I can build a brand as well as shoot films more often and be given a more diverse amount of scripts. So, I decided to come back for that reason”.
Below are some of the movies she has starred in;
- Guilty Pleasures (2009)
- Death Waters (2012)
- Home in Exile
- Alan Poza
- Forgetting June
- Make a move
- Up Creek Without a Paddle
- Weekend Getaway
- …When Love Happens (2014)
- Brother’s Keeper (2014)
- Before 30 (2015–)
- Oasis (2015)
- Skinny Girl in Transit (2015)
- Suru L’ere (2016)
- The Wedding Party (2016)
- The Wedding Party 2 (2017)
- Chief Daddy (2018)
Keep scrolling to see her beautiful photos: