Hey lovelies, it’s Wednesday and as usual, we bring to you our Woman Crush for today. Today’s Naijazzy Woman Crush Wednesday goes to our badass actress, lawyer and producer, Abimbola Craig.
If you were a huge fan of the popular web series, “Skinny Girl in transit”, then the name “Tiwalade” would sound so familiar. Abimbola played the role in the web series and since then, she has really stood out in her career as an actress.
Below are some of the facts you didn’t know about this amazing actess:
- She is a lawyer as she she completed her A-levels at Oxbridge College and graduated from the University of Buckingham, where she studied Law before moving back to Nigeria to attend Law school.
- She grew up in lagos as the second of three children. She attended Starland Primary School, and then went to high school at Air Force Comprehensive School Ibadan.
- She was born in November 1986 in Warri, Delta State to late Engr Oluseyi &Barrister Roli Craig.
- She won an award for her acting as “Tiwa” in the popular web series Skinny Girl In Transit and was also nominated at the 2016 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2016 “AMVCA”.
- In 2017, she won the ELOY award for “ TV Actress (Terrestrial & online) of the year”.
- She recently featured in two feature movies, “Isoken” by Jadesola Osiberu and “My Wife & I” by Bunmi Ajakaiye.
- She originally was to be the producer of Skinny Girl in Transit but ended up being the lead actress.
- She currently works as a Producer at Ndani Communications, which is also known as Ndani TV which is known for hit shows like; Analyse This, Rumor Has It and The Juice.
- Before she ventured into acting, she practiced Law for 7 years, previously working at Webber George Egbe Solicitors as well as Stream Sowers &Kohn as an associate.
Abimbola describes herself as an extrovert, funny, outspoken, witty and special.
Photocredit: Abimbola Craig SM